Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Up, up and away

I came up to Chicago yesterday, via Peoria Charter Coach, and checked into the Holiday Inn Express, Rosemont, less than 2 miles from O'Hare. I have a great view of the planes taking off and landing from my hotel window. Very nice people here, they are letting me stay and nurse my cold, with a late checkout of 2 p.m. I'll be leaving for Miami at 5:15 p.m. today, and then later tonight will be on my way to Santiago.

This photo doesn't do the view justice-Steve is bringing down the good camera!

I promised my friend Carlee I'd take pictures of my luggage, which is minimal, to say the least:
I'm checking the gray case (it is pretty small, but HEAVY!), and carrying on
the purple and orange bags. 

Inside the main bag: still have room for my down jacket, which I'll stash once at the airport-
it is below zero here in Chicago this morning.
In an effort to be completely truthful, my raincoat, another sweater and some odds and ends are coming down with Steve and Joel. They are each checking one bag, and my small case of books for teaching.

So there you go, Carlee, this is how you pack for 5 months, 3 seasons, including professional and casual attire :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment