Monday, June 16, 2014

Rainbows over Viña

It started on June 7th with this one:
Then on Monday the 9th, Ricardo called everyone to come out on the balcony at work in the morning to see this:
He said rainbows are very rare around here, and I talked about how common they are in the southwest of the US where I lived for about 10 years. This, because of the way rainfall is so spaced out, sometimes not even reaching the ground as it falls, which creates just the right conditions: there are lots of chances to have sun shining through raindrops as a result. We talked about double rainbows, which Ricardo said he'd never seen.
That afternoon after I got home, I was making a cup of tea when I happened to notice quite a few people in the building behind me on various balconies looking east. Several of them had cameras...then it dawned on me-they were looking at something interesting. So I went into the living room, and what I saw prompted me to go up to the roof to get a better shot. It was so huge, I couldn't fit it in one frame:


So here's a double rainbow for you, Ricardo!

No comments:

Post a Comment