Monday, June 23, 2014

Pigeons at Puerto Valpariaíso

With the metro strike over, and the day surprisingly clear, I headed over to the port in Valparaíso with my popcorn. The last time I was there what right before Steve and Joel left. We'd seen a man enticing pigeons onto his hand with some peanuts, which of course, Joel also wanted to do.
Since we didn't have anything to feed the birds, we picked up some peanut shells to fool the birds. It worked!
Steve posted a better picture of Joel, where you can see his expression of glee when a pigeon landed on his hand.

So I decided to see what would happen if I brought some actual food. When I arrived, I only saw one pigeon-but all it took was a couple of pieces of popcorn on the ground and around 50 showed up in about 5 seconds. I can't figure out where they came from:




 This one sat on my hand for a while, giving me a sort of "hey, where's the food?" look:


I think the one in the mural below was mad it didn't get enough to eat, and took an entire hand with it. I guess I had a lucky escape!

No comments:

Post a Comment