Sunday, June 8, 2014

Pot of Gold

I've had a cold since last Wednesday, and because I don't teach on Fridays was able to stay home and work on recovering. It was a good time not to go out, as it has been raining off and on this whole time. Mostly on. In fact, the rain started about 2 p.m. Friday, and didn't stop until about 4 a.m. Saturday. And I mean RAIN. A very hard downpour, with little varying in intensity. It wasn't as windy as the last storm, but boy, it was coming down. Here's a view of some moody clouds to the south, over Valparaíso:
 According to http://www.meteochile.gob.cl, my go-to site for weather information here in Chile, it is supposed to clear up tomorrow, and be nice and sunny. But they predicted partial cloudiness for today, and that hasn't happened yet, and it is after 4:30 p.m.
There was one spectacular break in the clouds yesterday, that fooled me, when I saw this:
Since I wasn't feeling well, I did not rush out looking for gold in the hills. Besides, I don't know if there are leprechauns in Chile. (We were told there are dwarfs in the Elqui Valley. They sound a bit like a leprechaun, magical little beings that do mischievous things.)

This afternoon, after 3 days in the apartment, I decided I really needed to get out and walk around a bit, or I'd feel worse tomorrow when I have to teach. So I set out to feed Señor Gato, who lives rough, a couple of blocks away. I pass him everyday, on my way to and from my colectivo, and I've noticed that someone feeds him on weekdays, but not weekends. So I've started leaving food for him, but just on the weekend. I don't want the person or persons who feed him during the week to stop, if they think someone else has taken over.
Here he is, chowing down a couple of weeks ago-I didn't see him today, probably because all the street dogs and cats were hiding somewhere because of the rain. In fact, I didn't see a single animal on my walk today, except for a few small birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment